At every practice session this coming autumn we will be having a “GIVE IT A GO Evening”. These evenings are specially designed for blokes who have no experience of dancing and would like to try their hand (or feet to be more precise!!) at a new challenge. Please come along to any of our practices and we’ll introduce you to “The Morris”!
We practice every Thursday evening from 8pm to 10pm from September to April
You need to fulfill following criteria:
- you are male
- passably fit or aspiring to a bit more fitness
- old enough to go into pubs (actually going into pubs is optional)
- reasonably coordinated
It doesn’t matter if you’ve never tried “the Morris” before, full instructions are given and we cater for absolute beginners (we were all beginners at one time). We aim to have all new recruits being able to do 2 or 3 dances (at least) in their first year with us. If you can competently play a musical instrument but are not sure about the dancing, then our musicians would be pleased to see you. They provide instruction in the art of playing for dancing. If you can play and dance then you will be doubly welcome.
We practice in the hall behind The Methodist Church, Quay Street, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 5BA. Access to the hall is through the gate on the right hand side of the church.
What to do next.
Go on, take up this fulfilling pastime and join The Magnificent Men of Wight. If you are interested in joining us you can do one (or more) of the following things:
- just come along to one of our practice nights to see what we do and how we do it. NOTE: our Squire has promised to buy all new recruits a free drink in the pub after their first practice night!
- email the Squire or Bagman for further information (see the contact page)
- if you’re reading this anytime between May and September, come out to any one of our summer performances and make yourself known to one of the men. Our programme is on our web site.